Sunday, May 12, 2013

I've Got A Pickle to Pick With You Shonda

Seattle Grace's Notorious Reaper
Dear Ms. Rhimes,

I come to you, exasperated. I am pondering whether you helped us get a little stronger or just plainly and unrelentingly crushed our drained souls. For so long I wanted to understand WHY you did what you did. Shall I list the horror of events not in chronological order because they are jammed in my head like one endless hell? My pleasure!

  1. George under a bus
  2. Miscarried babes
  3. Psycho shooter (who BTW lost his wife tragically episodes back) 
  4. Lexie under a plane. Then tying our emotions to a truck which spun them round and round in dirt until they were transformed to waste. Do you recall how we spent two episodes unaware if Lexie was truly gone? Was it by design that she so easily disappeared? Maybe it was one of your life lessons; we move on despite anything. In my opinion, the characters, as well as traumatized audience, were so used to death by now that they actually welcomed it with a warm smile.
  5. That episode when a couple were brought in to the hospital of doom. They were having a fight because the lady wanted a proposal and the guy kept postponing. He had bought her a cheap necklace that night again, and she went ballistic. Naturally he then dies. (Death LOL) But that was not the brutality of it all. No, no no! We later realize he had been wanting to propose that same night, with that same necklace which carried a message inside the locket. Nevertheless he died and she never found out. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WOMAN!
  6. Mark Sloan.
  7. Owen cheating. I drew the line right here Ma'am. You'd think a more horrendous misdemeanor from your part would have taunted me so, but truthfully this took the cake!
  8. Denny and his ghost.
  9. New contract and a new season
I could go on and on Ms. Rhimes. BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT. 
I am probably to blame too, as I kept coming back for more pain, more sadness, and more heartbreak. I craved it, one week after the other, like a dumb fool. But really, do these nightmarish plots come to you easily? Did you decide from an early age that humanity needed a wake-up call, or did you experience immense heartache for so long, and therefore wanted to find release somehow? I become paranoid every time some tragic event occurs in other series. I remember I had to google whether you were one of the producers on Downton Abbey in its last couple of episodes. You weren't. Although for a long while I believed it.
Anyway, your work remains a work of art. Artistically heart wrenching that is. 
You trouble me so Shonda. I fear season 10. 

Believe in butterflies, please!

Sincerely,
a confused and worried fan

No comments:

Post a Comment