Thursday, December 5, 2013

The National- "Trouble Will Find Me" - Album Review

The National is one of those rare Indie Rock bands that create music which always manages to crawl its way to your heart and wrap it up with beautiful emotional lyrics. They're music has always been a favorite of mine, ever since I heard 'Slow Show' a weirdly put song about first love, I guess that's why I fell in love with them so quickly. They were weird , but in an interesting way, and I loved it!
Their new Album 'Trouble Will Find Me' is the latest edition to their awesome list of remarkable records. It has the usual calmness and mellowness that's a main factor in all of their songs. The intro song 'I Should Live in Salt' (ouch!) is a great opening title , which really helps you get into the proper mood to truly enjoy the whole album. They've managed to give us a mix of truly depressing songs and somewhat hopeful ones. 'Demons' for instance is one of the more depressing ones on the album , a very truthful song about well literally our Demons, and how they always hold us down, and keep us from getting to a better place in our life. We all have Demons, regardless of their severity, we all have something that keeps us sheltered or introverted from the rest of the world. 
'Fireproof' is another favorite of mine, an anthem to those strong souls who don't let anything bring them down. Who aren't so hopeless and can handle the burdens of the world. 
My first choice,however, which was also the first song I heard off this album is 'I Need My Girl' just the opening riff of that guitar makes me get chills. It's a beautiful rendition of love and loss. I guess from the title its clear to say its about appreciating the things we have, and how we genuinely notice their importance only when they're gone. 
I guess what really makes these songs so beautiful is simply the way they're sung by 'Matt Berninger' in that baritone voice of his! He adds so much depth and melancholy to the songs. He helps you understand, what many have described as "difficult to interpret" lyrics. I guess you need to have a unique sense of understanding to truly appreciate what their songs are about. Everyone relates to a song differently and interprets the lyrics in their own way. Creating this unique atmosphere is what makes this band so significant. The whole album is worth a listen, and I'm just glad this band is still making records. They're one of the best Indie Rockers and they should never change their style, it's what makes them such a fan favorite amongst the lovers of the peculiar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment